- Music. The main types of music broadcast over the course of each week fall within the Urban genre ‘umbrella’ with an emphasis on Old Skool, Soul and Reggae, RnB, Hip Hop, Drum’n’Bass and UK Garage.
- Speech. The main types of speech output broadcast over the course of each week are intrinsically linked to the urban youth lifestyle; music news, artist interviews, urban arts and cultural event guides, etc. But also prominent will be content based around the key lifestyle issues and social cohesion.
- It is intended that all programming will be broadcast in English.
- The service provides original output for a minimum of 10 hours per day.
- The service provides locally-produced output 12 hours per day.
The studio is located within the licensed coverage area.
The service provides a range of community benefits (social gain objectives mandated by statute) for the target community, both on-air and off-air, and in doing so, achieves the following objectives:
- the facilitation of discussion and the expression of opinion,
- the provision (whether by means of programmes included in the service or otherwise) of education or training to individuals not employed by the person providing the service, and
- the better understanding of the particular community and the strengthening of links within it.
Members of the target community contribute to the operation and management of the service.
The service has mechanisms in place to ensure it is accountable to its target community.