Radio2funky / 2Funky Arts Complaints Policy and Procedure
2Funky Arts is committed to providing a quality service and working in an open and accountable way that builds the trust and respect of all our associated participants, partners and employees. One of the ways in which we can continue to improve our service is by listening and responding to the views of our staff, freelance workshop tutors, young people, workshop participants and partner organisations, and in particular by responding positively to complaints, and by putting mistakes right.
Therefore we aim to ensure that:
- making a complaint is as easy as possible;
- we treat a complaint as a clear expression of dissatisfaction with our service which calls for an immediate response;
- we deal with it promptly, politely and, when appropriate, confidentially;
- we respond in the right way – for example, with an explanation, or an apology when we have got things wrong, or information on any action taken etc;
- we learn from complaints, use them to improve our service, and review annually our complaints policy and procedures.
We recognise that many concerns will be raised informally, and dealt with quickly. Our aims are to:
- resolve informal concerns quickly;
- keep matters low-key;
- enable mediation between the complainant and the individual to whom the complaint has been referred.
An informal approach is appropriate when it can be achieved. But if concerns cannot be satisfactorily resolved informally, then the formal complaints procedure should be followed.
Definition: 2Funky Arts defines a complaint as ‘any expression of dissatisfaction (with any 2Funky Arts representative) that relates to 2Funky Arts and that requires a formal response’.
Purpose: The formal complaints procedure is intended to ensure that all complaints are handled fairly, consistently and wherever possible resolved to the complainant’s satisfaction.
2Funky Art’s responsibility will be to:
- acknowledge the formal complaint in writing;
- respond within a stated period of time;
- deal reasonably and sensitively with the complaint;
- take action where appropriate.
A complainant’s responsibility is to:
- bring their complaint, in writing, to our attention normally within 4 weeks of the issue arising;
- raise concerns promptly and directly with a board member of 2Funky Arts;
- explain the problem as clearly and as fully as possible, including any action taken to date;
- allow 2Funky Arts a reasonable time to deal with the matter;
- recognise that some circumstances may be beyond 2Funky Art’s control.
Responsibility for Action: All Staff and representatives of 2Funky Arts.
Confidentiality: Except in exceptional circumstances, every attempt will be made to ensure that both the complainant and 2Funky Arts maintain confidentiality. However the circumstances giving rise to the complaint may be such that it may not be possible to maintain confidentiality (each complaint will be judged on its own merit). Should this be the case, the situation will be explained to the complainant.
In the first instance, if you are unable to resolve the issue informally, you should write to a member of the 2Funky Arts board. In your letter you should set out the details of your complaint, the consequences for you as a result, and the remedy you are seeking.
You can expect your complaint to be acknowledged within 4 working days of receipt. You should get a response and an explanation within 15 working days. Your complaint should be sent to 2Funky Arts’Director Vijay Mistry, unless you would prefer it to be addressed to our Secretary.
If you are not satisfied with the initial response to the complaint then you can write to 2Funky Art’s management committee and ask for your complaint and the response to be reviewed. You can expect us to acknowledge your request within 4 working days of receipt and a response within 15 workings days. All members of the management committee/ board will be informed of your complaint.
2Funky Arts’ aim is to resolve all matters as quickly as possible. However, inevitably some issues will be more complex and therefore may require longer to be fully investigated. Consequently timescales given for handling and responding to complaints are indicative. If a matter requires more detailed investigation, you will receive an interim response describing what is being done to deal with the matter, and when a full reply can be expected and from whom.
Director: Vijay Mistry
Address: c/o 2Funky Arts, 119 Granby Street, Leicester, LE1 6FD